× Members

Just had ESA Assessment.

• Nathan1965
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 months 1 week ago #286842 by Nathan1965
Just had ESA Assessment. was created by Nathan1965
Hi, I just had my ESA telephone assessment, and am a little worried and surprised that it lasted only 12 minutes. The assessor seemed quite nice and asked me various things about my mental health and after 12 minutes said that was fine and they had all they needed. I said that I was expecting a lot more questions etc and he said they had all my details etc to hand and that was enough to assess my claim.

I did provide a psychiatrist's letter and proof of being on sertraline and lorazepam etc. I filled in three descriptors on incontinence, coping with change and social engagement and there was no way enough time to explore those properly. They asked briefly about the incontinence, my work history, whether I go out at all (I don't) and didn't even touch on my problems with change.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I recorded the conversation on loudspeaker. I would imagine they haven't gone into half enough detail to accurately assess me which is confusing. I had pages of notes and didn't need to refer to any of them.

If they don't accept my claim, I certainly think I would have grounds for appeal based on them hardly speaking to me. I have seen two psychologists, one of whom I am still seeing, and have also seen a psychiatrist who provided a report, which I sent them. I also sent them my psychologist's contact details, but know from speaking to her that they didn't contact her.

Has anyone else had such a short interview and what was the result?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286857 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Just had ESA Assessment.
Hi Nathan1965

I wouldn't want to speculate about what it means in your case because I simply don't know. I have known other people to have short interviews, and it is normally because the assessor is satisfied that they have sufficient information for their report. Hope you get to hear soon.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan1965

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.