× Members

More than one descriptor applies and Telephone Assessment at short notice

More
8 months 1 week ago #286751 by Oni
Do I score points for one of the descriptors or for more than one?
Also I have a telephone assessment coming up. Have not yet received a letter just a text the week before the assessment. How long can I rearrange it for, so I have more time to prepare?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286771 by BIS
Hi Oni

For most of the questions, you can only score for one descriptor.

You can ask for a change of date - but you are unlikely to be able to say you would like one in four weeks' time. They have a shortage of assessors, so it will simply depend on the availability in your area. Be aware you can only ask for a change of date once - if they offer you a second date and for whatever reason you thought you couldn't make it - you won't be able to change it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oni

More
8 months 1 week ago #286808 by LL26
Hi Oni,
Each descriptor set has several levels of the same activity. For the most part the points rise reflecting the severity of disability. They start at zero points meaning you can do the activity to the required standard and go up from there.
Regulation 7 explains how to resolve points when one or more of the descriptor set applies. - You should be scored the highest value when 2 or more descriptors in the set apply equally. Otherwise the most prevalent one should apply.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oni

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.