× Members

PIP review and ESA issue

More
8 months 1 week ago #286716 by Claire53
PIP review and ESA issue was created by Claire53
I have recently had my PIP review and thankfully i only had to wait from end October until today and it was all done based of information i had sent previously and new Medical Information i supplied. It has caused me no end of distress the waiting but it is over now. The Query i have is my Partner, we do not live together due to our needs. But he never completed his review form offered no new medical information as he has not been to GP or had any contact with Mental Health since his previous award, now he was contacted by PIP about his form not being returned, (i had offered to complete it, but he needed to ring to get a extension, again he didn't bother) So they arranged for him to have a Telephone Interview, and told him he would hear within 4 weeks, and he did they text him to tell him his award , you could have blown me down with a feather when he was awarded Enhanced of Both components, he was even sent back dated arrears of 2k not from the date the form should have been returned, but from when they posted form to him. Prior to this he was getting £272 every 4 weeks. tbh it has annoyed me a little as he's done nothing to help himself as usual , given s uplift !! whilst others have too fight , going through mandatory Reconsideration and then tribunal to get their award . Now i have noticed since his award apart from that strange code a lot of people had on their bank statements, what would have been his ESA has now changed to JSA , and he had a Budgeting Loan which they are not taking off his JSA, it has appeared twice like that now, i have asked him if he has any other letters from DWP, he just said ''oh there are some letters but i cant be bothered to look''. No as he has been too busy spending money like a fool , going to Pub , gambling and buying Hunting Clothing, not paying any Council Tax or Water Charges, i just can not make any sense of how he can just waste 2k in less than a week!! and not read other letters. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a uplift in their PIP rates and payments appearing on Bank Statements has changed from ESA to JSA, as i am worried they are doing this to get people moved onto UC ? i'm not due to be paid yet and i am dreading mine will have changed too although on my letter it refers to ESA. Sorry this is very long, but i hope some one finds elements of this of some interest or anything similar happened .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286742 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review and ESA issue
C

The JSA reference is likely because an ad hoc payment was made, the ESA payment system is piggy-backed on the JSA one.

If you have your own claim for ESA, then your partner's change in circumstances will not affect your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286747 by Claire53
Replied by Claire53 on topic PIP review and ESA issue
Yes i claim ESA in own right, as we do not cohabitate, i just am very concerned that they are putting people from this latest round of Reviews all back onto JSA with a view to migrating us all onto UC or to get us on merry go round of having to have interviews at Job Centre in light of the Government announcements of making people go to work!! i have found this latest round of reviews very odd as it is, as everyone i know in my area who is on PIP all had a review letter within 2 weeks of each other. My award last time was not due to end until May 24 . just odd . All i can do is wait and see when i get next payment if mine is same ie with JSA . As i was unaffected by Christmas payments mine went in with all the same references on my Bank Statement. Or if i get any letters from DWP i guess. Thank You Gordon

More
8 months 1 week ago #286767 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review and ESA issue
C

There is no legal mechanism that allows the DWP to move ESA claimants to JSA, it cannot happen!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.