× Members

Mobility car

More
8 months 1 week ago #286713 by Ianeif2
Mobility car was created by Ianeif2
Is it true neighbours can do a search to see if you’re on disability benefits by searching your registration number of your mobility car?

I find this shocking if it’s true.

If it is true, is there anyway to get privacy? For example using a personalised number plate? Or actually paying for the road tax?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility car
l

You can certainly make a request for information related to a licence number.

Remember, a failure to pay Road Tax can affect a driver's insurance, so this is information that someone might need to know, so there is a valid reason for it being available. I don't know whether the type of Road Tax is exposed. You can try it for yourself.

www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286764 by Ianeif2
Replied by Ianeif2 on topic Mobility car
Google searches do say neihbours can check to see if your're on benefits by searching your reg.

This has to be a breach of confidentiality?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286807 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility car
l

I would have to assume that this has been considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286867 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Mobility car
Hi, I've just tried Gordon's link with our new Motability car reg.
It just says it is taxed. Lower down this appears:
"View the tax rates for this vehicle
If you have the latest 11 digit reference number from the V5C registration certificate (logbook) you can view the tax rates for this vehicle."

So as I understand it a neighbour would not easily be able to check the type of tax, as they wouldn't have access to the V5C [logbook], unless the 11 digit number is also somewhere on the vehicle they can access. [? engine bay if you have left the bonnet up and gone indoors???]
Hope that may reassure a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, an ex nurse, drewzz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.