× Members

Part time hospital admission and PIP / ESA

More
8 months 1 week ago #286784 by Jenny
Replied by Jenny on topic Part time hospital admission and PIP / ESA
Just an update: sat on hold to the DWP for 1 hour, only to be told when I finally got through that he couldn't answer my question and it needed to go to another team who were 'too busy today' and they will have to get back to me hahaha I'm losing my mind here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286958 by Jenny
Replied by Jenny on topic Part time hospital admission and PIP / ESA
Just an update on this if anyone is interested/anyone is looking for answers to the same questions I was in the future:

I called DWP again today and got through in about 22 minutes which is a bit of a record. Turns out someone had closed my case without actioning it or calling me back - so basically I never would've got a call back if I had just kept waiting and hadn't chased up today....The person I initially spoke to was very irritated about the situation and kept complaining about the person who closed the case, even disclosing their name, which didn't seem particularly professional...I just stayed quiet and didn't say anything.

Finally got through the right person, the key points for anyone else trying to find information on this are:

- the initial 28 days includes weekends at home as it is all one admission, so PIP will stop after literally 28 calendar days. There needs to be a 28 day gap in residential treatment before they will consider it a new admission and reset the clock

- They count any day you at home for part of the day in the calculation (so for me I go home Friday night and go back to the hospital Sunday night, so Friday, Saturday and Sunday are classed as 'at home')

- After the 28 days, you get 'boarder payments' for the days not at the hospital. I'm not sure what the calculation is to work this out, but she was able to tell me the actual amount I will receive (which is the key information I have been looking for all this time) it's works out to about £24.50 per day at home - this is from the enhanced daily living and mobility if that helps anyone else in this situation work out what they would get for days at home.

-She couldn't tell me what would happen with ESA as they only deal with PIP, so I'll have to make another call tomorrow

I hope this might help someone else looking for this information
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
8 months 1 week ago #286968 by Gary
Hi Jenny

Thank you for the useful information, it will help fellow members, let us know how you get on with ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid