× Members

AR1 review form

More
9 months 1 week ago #286583 by duckduckdo
AR1 review form was created by duckduckdo
I received a text from DWP 7th Dec saying my PIP review had started and to contact them if I hadn’t got the form in 14 days. I have received the AR1 forms today, due back 7th Jan. The DWP also paid my 1st state pension and last part payment of my ESA into my bank today as I am 66 on Christmas Day.Surely they should have sent me an AR2 form? The date, without me asking for an extension is 2 weeks after I am 66, therefore they will not be able to decide what action to take until I am state pension age. I thought that was the whole reason why they changed the review to make it simpler for older people as they were less likely to see improvements ? On the one hand the DWP have paid my state pension at the same time as treating me as if I am not. I can’t find the actual guidelines, ie cutoff, in situations like mine in which form they have to send. Today is their last working day before I turn 66 and closed until next Thursday. Just getting the text on the 7th has caused my anxiety and depression through the roof, but to now get the AR1 form and go through the full review process has made me feel suicidal and ruined my Christmas & Birthday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286588 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AR1 review form
d

I'm afraid the AR1 is correct.

The AR2 is reserved for claimants with an On-Going award, it is not related in any way to the claimant reaching State Retirement Age.

It is possible as a result of this review you will receive an On-Going award although it is not a given in which case your next review would use an AR2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286618 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic AR1 review form
I was reading 19th July update on benefit & work re light touch review from August. I rang PIP helpline this morning and they said I had been sent the AR1 form as I am not pension age until Christmas Day, when they started my review 7th Dec They said if they had started my review after 25th Dec they would have sent AR2. I’m totally confused now.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #286621 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AR1 review form
d

What you have been told is incorrect.

As I said, the AR2 is only issued to those who have an On-Going award.

You need to turn your attention to the AR1 form that you have. Our PIP Claim guide has assistance for completing this form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.