× Members

UC - Would you like to work again?

More
9 months 1 week ago #286564 by dan123
UC - Would you like to work again? was created by dan123
Hi Everyone,

New subscriber here and wow, what a great site and wealth of information.

Last month I sent off my PIP and UC forms as I am suffering from severe depression and Agoraphobia after my Father passed away. Really wish I'd subscribed to this site before I filled in the forms but still think I did a seasonable job filling them.

I have my telephone assessment for UC on 11th Jan and after reading through the relevant information on this site I would appreciate some advice on how to answer one of the likely questions they could ask which is 'would you like to work again?'.

If I say yes I am worried they might automatically put be in the WRAG but if I say no I am worried that might annoy them. Any advice on how to answer this question would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC - Would you like to work again?
d

What group you are placed in will solely be determined by how you meet the ECA criteria not how you answer this question, so I would not worry about trying to second guess the assessor, just answer as you feel at the time.

You say you have severe depression, perhaps at the moment due to this you cannot face the possibility of looking for work at the moment, if this is the case then just say so. I've been in this position myself and I was more worried about managing the next day, let alone working.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dan123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.