× Members

Pip appeal

More
9 months 1 week ago #286548 by Ys
Pip appeal was created by Ys
Hi there , I recently have my pip reviewed and the outcome was an increase of daily living from standard to enhanced rate as well as an increase of mobility from zero to standard . My condition was a psychotic disorder in which I experience daily visual and auditory hallucinations which affect my living . My question is do i have grounds to appeal in order to get the enhance rate from the planning and following a journey section as i have no physical impairments . I scored 10 points due on the following of not planning a journey due to overwhelming psychological distress of unfamiliar . I was aiming to score 12 points which refers to cannot take any journey familiar or unfamiliar.

The reason i seek your advice is how do i go about appealing, what evedince do i ask of the gp to support it and should i get a copy of the assessors notes or just use the feedback sheet on the award points letter . Additionally they mention my award can go down as well as up so is appealing the right course of action . I do not wish to bite of more then i can chew.

Many thanks

Yas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286577 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip appeal
Hi Ys

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Only you can decide whether you want to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Have a look at our guide on PIP Appeals (which includes Mandatory Reconsiderations). It might help you make up your mind. If you are going to put in for an MR you need to do it within one month of the decision. You should also ring and ask for the assessment report called a PA4 which will give you more details on how you were scored.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286845 by Ys
Replied by Ys on topic Pip appeal
Hi i don’t believe i have stated my question cleary. The box ticked was 10 points on 1d/e( I believe that was under welming psychological distress..) . I scored 10 points but can i appeal with additional evidence and due to the feeback of comments supporting 1f. Or is it beacuse i ticked 1d mistakenly they would dissmiss it ?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286859 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip appeal
Hi Ys

I'm sorry if you didn't understand Gary's response. He said that you should consider putting in for a Mandatory Reconsideration and look at the appropriate Guide, You needed to do that within one month of the date on your decision letter.

You have now missed that deadline. You can contact the DWP and ask if you can put in for a late Mandatory Reconsideration -saying that you did not understand the system. They will probably let you, but they could refuse.

The issue is not which box you ticked - it is what criteria you meet.. Therefore, if you are allowed to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration, you should say why you think the assessor was mistaken and how you meet that criteria. If you have already provided them with sufficient information - you highlight that in your MR or you give them any additional information such as a letter from a medical professional to back up your argument.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 6 days ago #287054 by Ys
Replied by Ys on topic Pip appeal
Hi

For me to request a mandotory reconsideration i was waiting for them to send a medical report which they forgot to post out. They stated that i could be give an exstention after i have recived it.

On the topic of mandatory reconsideration they awarded me 10 e despite having some reports linked to 1f ‘only leaves home when necessary and will only do so if accompanied from his farther ‘ correct me if im mistaken .

One question id like to ask id that they brought up me working ‘’ Although he is able to work in security, SOH shows this is not on the MODs and a shift is no longer than 4 hours at a time” to contradict that my symptoms effect me on majority of days . I dont work 4 hours everyday its a contract job and its typically on average twice a month and its only to support my family bills . What is the rules for working , does working mean you dont satisfy 1f

More
8 months 5 days ago #287102 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip appeal
Hi Ys

I'm glad they said they would give you an extension.

The fact that you work does not prohibit you from meeting the 1F criteria. I know you said you have a letter that states you only leave home when accompanied by your father. A question they are likely to ask is, "Does your father take you to work, and does he pick you up when your shift is completed?"

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.