× Members

MR query

More
9 months 1 week ago #286491 by Daisydream
MR query was created by Daisydream
Hi,
I recently had a PIP telephone assessment. I have received a letter from Motability stating my Motability component has been stopped.

I have not received my decision letter from the DWP confirming this though, what should I do?

Also, obviously when I get this letter I will be challenging it and requesting an MR.

I believe I have 1 month from the date of the decision letter to request an MR.

What I am not too sure of is after requesting an MR am I allowed time to submit all my findings in a letter to the DWP?

Or do I only have 1 month from date of decision letter to request an MR and send my findings in a letter to the DWP?

Thank you again for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286498 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR query
Hi Daisydream

I'm sorry to hear about your mobility being cut. Have you rung the DWP and asked for a copy of the assessment report - it's a PA4. You should do that now because it should be clear why you are losing your mobility component, and it will make it easier to know what you are fighting against and make it easier to respond to your MR. Also, with Christmas post, you want to get onto them now.

When you receive the decision letter, you will have four weeks from the date on the letter to request an MR and send in the information.

Sorry you have to deal with this at any time, but especially now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286528 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic MR query
Hi BIS,
Many thanks for your reply yesterday.
I would very much appreciate your guidance regarding a few things with actually drafting the MR letter:
a) Do I need to list all the activities and say what I agree with, as well as the ones I am challenging?
Also, the activities that I am challenging, do I need to say what descriptor I believe I should be awarded and state reasons why I should be awarded?
For example -
1. Preparing Food
You awarded me 2 points - Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal.
Should I add the following:
I believe I should be awarded 4 points under descriptor (1e - Needs assistance to either prepare or cook a simple meal.
And also add my reasons why and explain the difficulties I have with all the activities.
I am not too sure what to do as I have not had to draft an MR letter before. I would very much appreciate your help with this matter.
Thank you.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286537 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR query
D

Your basic approach is correct but you must address the lower points as well so you need to explain why an aid and there may be many available for a given situation, will not help you complete the activity.

You mention Preparing Food in your post, an example I have regularly seen in the forum is the claimant saying that the cannot lift a pot of water to or from the hob. The DWP will reply that there is no requirement for you to do this, the pot could be filled using a smaller container and the food removed using a slotted spoon from a hot pan.

You might deal with this by saying that your wrist is too painful to allow you to lift even a small container of water or that you have regular spasms in your arm which make the use of a slotted spoon impractical. You will need to look at your own issue to see how you might address this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.