× Members

Income support to UC transfer as a carer

More
9 months 1 week ago #286488 by Canada
Good Morning,
My question is I am on income support and will be transferring to UC when I start the process do I need a claiments commitment and will I need to attend the Job centre during the process? As I care for someone with Alzheimer's and although I have the support of care workers as I have a disability myself and get high rate PIP as I also have cognitive decline myself .I will find it difficult to attend an appointment and would have to take my dad with me who has advanced Alzheimer's and who I live with and care for by just keeping him company as he's distressed if I'm not there with him. I really don't know how to proceed when I'm migrated on to UC.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #286513 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Income support to UC transfer as a carer
Hi Canada

When you apply for UC, you will need to sign a claimant commitment, the signing of the commitment starts your claim.

I would advise you to contact UC helpline to ask your question; www.gov.uk/universal-credit/contact-universal-credit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Gary. Reason: typo error

More
9 months 1 week ago #286527 by Canada
Replied by Canada on topic Income support to UC transfer as a carer
Hi Gary, I think my question might not have been clear. I get Carers allowance and income support I also receive pip. I was just wondering when I get a managed migration notice to transfer to UC from income support will I need to sign a claiments commitment and attend the Job centre as part of the process?

More
9 months 1 week ago #286536 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income support to UC transfer as a carer
C

As Gary indicated in his post, all UC claimants are required to sign a Claimant Commitment.

As to attending at a JobCentre, you will have to deal with this if and when it happens, your caring responsibilities could be Good Cause for not doing so, you will have to see how your Work Coach reacts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.