× Members

Awarded ADP as informed PIP in January of change I was backdated to May not Janu

More
9 months 1 week ago #286483 by Elaine99
Hi
Can anyone please advise on my situation .
I informed pip in January that my care needs had increased. They informed me that I would now be starting the transition of moving to ADP as any change triggers the process.. I was told it is. 6month waiting period and I would still be receiving pip till my move date on 23rd May . 23rd May arrived and as I expected I was tranferred over to ADP where I had to fill in a change of circumstances form ,which I did then 2weeks later they wanted supporting evidence which I supplied ,moving forward to 19th December a few days from now I have been informed I have moved to both Enhanced rates which I am very happy with that .

My query is both enhanced rates were backdated to 23rdMay and not to January when I notified PIP there was an increase in my care needs and that increase had started previously 1 year before I notified PIP.the reason for late notification was due to my mental heAlth and lack of support from anywhere and I was put off as it seemed so over whelming .

Does anyone have any information on my query and do you know if I should have been backdated to when I initially informed pip of changes in January .

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286485 by Gordon
E

I'm afraid it is bad news.

The increased award is for ADP, so, even though you notified the DWP your current award cannot be backdated prior to when your ADP claim started.

You can't contact the DWP because they did not reassess your claim so they cannot award a higher one for the period from January to May.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.