× Members

PIP Tribunal how long to get pay

More
9 months 1 week ago #286445 by dccantona
PIP Tribunal how long to get pay was created by dccantona
Hello Thanks to a miriad of reasons including this website I managed to go from a phone assessment with a physio scoring 0 points, to getting the higher rate of PIP for 5 years. The DWP made great play that I was only on UC and that any conditions I have had subsequently should not be taken into account as it was after the assessment. I showed that I was on Limited Capability to Work for previous 18 months and therefore pitted one DWP assessment against another. Secondly whilst my diabetes was only diagnosed after the assessment; it was likely to be there on the assessment date and besides I sent in Hospital evidence to DWP before Mandatory Reconsideration. Therefore they were aware I scored 16 points on LCW assessment and that I had proof of diabetes before their final decision.
The judge threw the book at them as this was clearly disingenuous of them.
However whilst I do not want to rock the boat
How long before I might see any pay currently 14 months in arrears. Decision date 4/12/2023
What percentage of cases does the DWP ask for statement of records?
What percentage of cases get sent up to the Higher Tribunal?
I realise that their appeal needs to be founded on a legal basis a Government lawyer told me that when it comes to Tribunal appeals to the Upper level sometimes spurious reasons can be given such as disagreeing with a line and therefore arguing it is a legal matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286471 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Tribunal how long to get pay
Hi dccantona

I have answered you in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...-win-how-long#286458

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid