× Members

PIP Tribunal how long to get pay

More
9 months 1 week ago #286445 by dccantona
PIP Tribunal how long to get pay was created by dccantona
Hello Thanks to a miriad of reasons including this website I managed to go from a phone assessment with a physio scoring 0 points, to getting the higher rate of PIP for 5 years. The DWP made great play that I was only on UC and that any conditions I have had subsequently should not be taken into account as it was after the assessment. I showed that I was on Limited Capability to Work for previous 18 months and therefore pitted one DWP assessment against another. Secondly whilst my diabetes was only diagnosed after the assessment; it was likely to be there on the assessment date and besides I sent in Hospital evidence to DWP before Mandatory Reconsideration. Therefore they were aware I scored 16 points on LCW assessment and that I had proof of diabetes before their final decision.
The judge threw the book at them as this was clearly disingenuous of them.
However whilst I do not want to rock the boat
How long before I might see any pay currently 14 months in arrears. Decision date 4/12/2023
What percentage of cases does the DWP ask for statement of records?
What percentage of cases get sent up to the Higher Tribunal?
I realise that their appeal needs to be founded on a legal basis a Government lawyer told me that when it comes to Tribunal appeals to the Upper level sometimes spurious reasons can be given such as disagreeing with a line and therefore arguing it is a legal matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286471 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Tribunal how long to get pay
Hi dccantona

I have answered you in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...-win-how-long#286458

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.