× Members

GP notes as evidence?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286377 by Kevsue19
GP notes as evidence? was created by Kevsue19
Hi, I wondered if there is any value in adding copies of my GP notes, which back up deterioration of my condition? I can screen print and print it and add it to my evidence - I know they tend not to ask GPs , this is my 3rd review, and whilst things have got worse, I may have only added one point (the medication one) but that will not change my points total

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286411 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP notes as evidence?
E

As long as you have read the notes and are happy with the content then it can help to include them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286419 by Kevsue19
Replied by Kevsue19 on topic GP notes as evidence?
Thank you. They print off as photos if I do screen prints so I will add recent ones. I have never been able to before as only just been given access to my records through the NHS app!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
9 months 1 week ago #286450 by MiloGizmo
Replied by MiloGizmo on topic GP notes as evidence?
Ideally a GP letter of support would be available to them. If you only have records then these are likely to be lacking in the direction you may get from a letter. However, if you have recently had multiple appointments or requests for increasing doses of medication then that adds to help corroborate deteriaration.

Remember that DWP decisions are meant by law to deal with the specific legislation in the benefit your are claiming. Hence what may be beneficial for PIP could be detrimental for UC Disability element. This may or may not be the case and you will know your conditions. You need to set out your conditions' deteriaration and how that deterioration has affected you. Then, with help from someone else if necessary, try to tie those changed impacts of your conditions 'the deterioration' to the specific benefit and question you hope to score points on. It sounds as if this could be a PIP claim due to your mentioning of medication changing.

Everything with the DWP is a case of 'because'.

'Unfortunately my conditions have made my life harder over the past few months and that means I can no longer "......." because "I can't sleep at all / I can't walk more than ten steps / I have lost all focus / etc. based on your own changed conditions and the resulting impacts on your life.

GP letters or notes will only help if they support a deterioration in your condition and fall in line with what you are saying has been impacted. But they are certainly worthwhile and add a professional level of 'corroboration' to what you are saying if sufficiently clear to the DWP or Tribunal reader.

Best of luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.