× Members

Turned down - can I re-apply?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286298 by Mitch
Turned down - can I re-apply? was created by Mitch
Hi everyone :-)

Sadly, my pip application has been turned down inclining the mandatory reconsideration. Looking back, my application was poor although my conditions affect me greatly day to day.

I don’t want to go to tribunal due to the sheer stress and anxiety, so can I put in a new claim for the same conditions but word it much, much, MUCH better?

Thank you for your help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286307 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Turned down - can I re-apply?
Hi Mitch,

You can go to the courts tribunal if you wish too, but don't have to attend. You can add additional information, sending by post, then uploading online via the courts website, and can be assessed on a paper based decision. I done this myself, and after 2 lots of 0 points at the assessment and the MR, it was awarded at the courts stage for both Mobility and Daily Living.

The guides on here will help guide you.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286315 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Turned down - can I re-apply?
It’s also worth bearing in mind that by going through the appeal process you are effectively getting another “MR” before it goes to the tribunal as someone else will look at your claim and may decide to overrule the previous MR. That’s what happened to me. I suspect they don’t want too many people appealing so this way keeps the statistics down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Taz8, Chris

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286321 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Turned down - can I re-apply?
M

Yes, you can re-apply immediately there is no waiting period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mitch

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.