× Members

Official error of DLA award

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286296 by Boss
Official error of DLA award was created by Boss
Hello everyone,

I have learned a lot from the forum which has greatly been of benefit to me and those that I support in making claims to representing at tribunals including the UT. Thanks.

Have a lady with a 6 year old autistic boy. His autism and needs according to the assessment report seen are severe. Was awarded MRC and LM in a decision made on 07.09.2022. However, given the boy's need for attention through the night, it seems that he met the criteria of the HRC. Among others he is still in nappies which need to be checked and changed at least twice before being settled back to sleep.

Requested for a MR which was SENT on the 06.10.2023 and was received by the DWP on the 09.10.2023. The late request was refused because: "You sent your MR request on 09.10.2023, which is outside the absolute time limit. I do understand their point. However, was just wondering if the absolute time limit is considered when they received the MR as against when it was sent which is the 06.10.2023 with proof of posting.

Have been informed that if we disagree with the decision we can ask for an 'Any time Revision' if there was an official error. It is in identifying any possible grounds of official error that I would like some advice. I believe the decision maker applied the law incorrectly and that no rational officer looking at the evidence presented could possibly have made that decision - which constitutes an official error.

I have in the recent past had a DLA and a PIP decision overturned at the UT due to official error thanks to the information gathered here.

Any advice is very appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286334 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Official error of DLA award
Hi Boss

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Like you Boss, I was of the opinion that the absolute time limit was 13 months, but I was on a training course a few months ago where the trainer informed us that 13 months is not the absolute time limit there are exceptions where this can be exceeded, he mention the case but I cannot remember it. I may have it scribbled down on some notes some where.

I would advise you to contact your local Law Centre for advice; lawcentres.org or Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they may be aware of the relevant case.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286346 by Boss
Replied by Boss on topic Official error of DLA award
Thanks Gary.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286351 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Official error of DLA award
Hi Boss,
While technically you put the MR request within the overall time limit,you woukd need to show a very good reason for the MR request being so late.
This case may be of help www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2018/oct...-has-reported-status
You can try and appeal the refusal to accept the late appeal. If you have good reason, and eg have proof of postage/recorded delivery you may have a chance.
This link is an extract from a decision makers handbook.
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...70w9Z9322kWXM6ylVuBH

I hope this helps.
Wishing you a happy Christmas.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.