× Members

UPDATE PIP REVIEW: SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME, GOOD EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH CAPITA/DWP

More
8 months 6 days ago #287058 by Jacs
UPDATE PIP REVIEW: SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME AND GOOD EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH CAPITA & DWP

I had my telephone PIP review health assessment 22Dec at 8am, rang on time and only a few rings I answered as they hung up. They left a v/mail their name and company Capita and they would ring back in 10 minutes. They rang back exactly 8.10am and the call lasted just over an hour as I had things to mention they hadn't asked about. Having read the guides on here, the HA had done the checklist they are meant to follow, she was friendly and empathetic but didn't feel trying to trick me as previously had, she had read my review papers and knew my history, whereas before they haven't. She informed me of the next stages at the end of the call too, was definitely the best HA I've had (I've had several / going to tribunal x3 over the last decade and won every time).

I requested a copy of the HA report, and the man I spoke to was SO helpful, more than normal, was very clear in the information he gave me an even said I can tell you what the HA had scored me, and asked what information I wanted to know now, so knew before waiting for the letter to arrive, never had that before when speaking to DWP. So a pleasant experience.

I received a text from DWP on 12/1/24 that a decision had been made and a letter would arrive in 2 weeks, which I received last week. I had a successful outcome, PIP renewed until December 2026 and upgraded award Daily Living component from standard to enhanced, and have been awarded Mobility this time enhanced as well, which is fantastic and not having had to fight this time.

To give everyone interested a timescale:

PIP award was due for review 4/8/22
Rec'd PIP Review letter 24/12/22 dated 4/12 (delay as Royal Mail postal strike); requested extension from 4/1/23 to 4/2/23
Returned PIP Review to DWP 4/2/23
Rec'd several texts throughout the year they had my Review and would be assessing soon.
Rec'd letter from DWP notify telephone Health Assessment (8days notice) 13/12/22
Telephone Health Assessment 22/12/23
DWP text received HA report 28/12/23
DWP text made decision 2/1/24
DWP Decision Letter received 18/1/24
Award letter dated 11/1/24 - Award previously DL Standard for 3yrs and no Mobility as only 4pts.
Award now DL Enhanced and Mobility Enhanced.
Award will get from 'date of decision 11/1/2024' (not HA or Review date FYI) until 21/12/2026 (almost 3 yrs.)

The guides were invaluable for my PIP review, when I compared my original PIP application to my review, and the guides on how health assessors assess, was like reading all my previous experiences with DWP, for incapacity benefit, ESA, PIP over the last decade and seeing all the issues I had written in guides. Thank you for your work you do to put together the information and anyone who wants help am available as its extremely stressful, even armed with knowledge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary, Blueberry Owl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287059 by Jacs
Another thing to add from my PIP Review update/decision.

Upon receiving the HA report, there was several inaccurate details that she hadn't listenened to my reply to questions, and missing out some. As the decision was made before I received the report I didn't need to do a mandatory reconsideration as I would have raised things I disagreed with in the report. So a tip is always good to make sure when you do receive the HA report you compare your notes from your HA and note all the inaccuracies whilst fresh in your head in case you need to refer to in the future.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary, Blueberry Owl

More
8 months 6 days ago #287078 by Gary
Hi Jacs

Thank you for your positive post and time line, members will find it very useful.

It is nice to hear from members who have a pleasant experience.

Congratulations on your award, you can now take a well deserved rest.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacs

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.