× Members

ESA work support group , and War Pension lower Standard of Occupation

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286266 by Dom
I was awarded a war pension for injury sustained in 1992 , the claim itself was made in 1994 by my veterans Uk welfare manager .and awarded at 20%. And further claim was made for ESA and PIP in 1994, and both benefits were awarded on a contribution basis . After further appeal in 2011 , my war pension was increased to 60% for a diagnosis of Complex PTSD .
And lower standard of occupation was given , for the PTSD as it was linked to my incident in 1992
Now in August of this year Veterans UK have said I am now not eligible for ALSO , as I was put the work support group the DWP confirmed I have been on the support group since 2011 , and yet my ALSO was still paid until August 2023. Is this decision worth appealing , as I was on the War pension before 2009

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286290 by Gary
Hi Dom

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum, you will need to contact an organisation such as the Royal British Legion www.britishlegion.org.uk/#

or Veterans Association veteransassociation.co.uk/contact-us

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286294 by just
Hi Dom I claim ALSO and ESA Contrabuatry There is a Transisional protection linking rule from April 2009.
When incapacity was moved over to ESA you must remain in the support Group CON. With no breaks upto the present date to be able to claim both.
But you have said you are at 60% with opens up war pensions unemplyability Supplement to claim.
With is far more generous.
Here is a post from way back that may be of some help.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...f-occupation?start=6
Kind Regards JC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.