× Members

Awaiting decision... so nervous and worried

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286252 by Ember.beanie
Awaiting decision... so nervous and worried was created by Ember.beanie
Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well and getting ready for Xmas!

Well, I had my assessment on the 5th December and received a copy of my assessment yesterday. From what I can add up they have advised 15 points for daily living and 12 for mobility, which of course will completely change my life in terms of getting the help and being mobile and independent again!

I have to say, reading her comments on some areas are completely untrue and contradict the evidence, family statements ( my partner and mum who look after me) and what I wrote on the form, these areas awarded zero points. 

What I'm worried about is that because the mobility element is so close to the line as being in 12 points I'm really worried the DM will take points away and won't award me enough to get the help I desperately need. I'm honestly not ungrateful for thr points the Assessor has awarded me, I just don't understand why she would put zero points for a descriptor that has evidence and statements that state otherwise?...

I think I've got myself in a state over it as so much rests on this award with my quality of life at the moment. 

I guess what I'm trying to get around to asking is do the DM's generally go with what the Assessor says? 

Thanks so much 🙏 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286257 by Chris
Hi Ember,

Unfortunately it seems to happen with so many people. It did with me also for PIP and UC - I was awarded 0 for everything on both, and pages of incorrect information from the assessor (basically lies), whether it's because they're not medically trained properly, I don't know, but it does happen more often that not, and in my own personal experience, the decision maker goes with the assessor. I'm sure there are many others who will likely agree with this. I read so many instances on here where this has occured.

All you can do at this moment in time, is play the waiting game, see what the decision is, and then take it from there, as to what actions you want to put in place.

Hope this helps explain a little for you - not a good read I know, but honesty is the best policy as they say - but I'm sure some others will follow up with success stories, as well as some will agree with what I've said.

Good luck, regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286277 by denby
Dear Ember.beanie, you do have the option if you can be pretty quick, to write in about the errors in the report. Send your letter to 'The Decision Maker' at the last address they wrote from. Clearly state, "this is not an MR request but I reserve the right to submit an MR later if I choose to"
Focus on the point-losing areas and refer back to your evidence. Use phrases such as 'appears to have overlooked'/'may have misunderstood ' etc, avoid at all costs saying they lied even if they definitely did.
Give it a go, I'm certain doing this after reading it on here saved our daughter from a downgrade, MR and appeal third time round.
Best, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath, ellen1st, Gary, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.