× Members

DWP Banks

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286300 by pusscatsmum
Replied by pusscatsmum on topic DWP Banks
the trouble is as I see it , and following all the reports, media etc, we, the general public will all be snooped on in regards to this new bill going thru.
Firstly if they look at everyone claimimg some form of UC,SP, credits, child credits,PIP/DLA ESA LCESA etc, etc,that will be 2/3rds of the work age and above population.
They did mention spending money overseas, those claimimg benefits abroad, those in countries where the SP frozen etc, will be viewed in the first batch along with UC/SP etc.
All a muddle, but ultimately, they have a new form of gathering data and modelling usage from bank accounts and the govt think it wise to play with this new statistical analysis and prove whatever they like from whoever they like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286879 by drewzz
Replied by drewzz on topic DWP Banks
This country has got into such a mess since Thatcherism kicked in 40 years ago.
Social cohesion has collapsed.
The benefits system is a complete mess.
Housing is a complete mess.
Now the NHS cannot cope.
No-one can get NHS dental care in large parts of UK.
And the world of work for most people is insecure, poorly paid and depressingly without prospects.
I read today that just under ONE MILLION people of working age are economically inactive "off sick" due to back pain or neck pain.
Hundreds of thousands more are off sick due to mental health issues.
With an aging population, low birth rate, poor prospects for youngsters to build a family and a rewarding career with a home of their own, without drowning in debt, I honestly do not know how the country will get out of this mess.
The whole neo-liberalism greed-is-good self-interest thing needs rewinding and start again, repatriating good jobs back here from cheap overseas suppliers of goods and services, nationalise key industries and utilities to bring cost of living down, bring back job security and life-long learning to improve skills, build 5 million new energy efficient social houses for rent.
Get people with back pain and depression back to fulfilling enjoyable secure working positions with prospects for advancement.
There is so much for a new government to do to repair the damage of years and years of bad government.
And stop this ever-encroaching surveillance society, and loss of privacy, and rights to protest!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
8 months 1 week ago #286886 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP Banks
If only Sunak and company were given less than a grand a month to live on, see how they'd manage!?! It might open their eye's up to the benefits system shambles for a start. A lot of people (including myself) were forced onto benefits after losing their jobs through no fault of there own. I had 23 years of full time employment from leaving College, to all of a sudden finding myself living off my savings, before degrading myself to start begging for help from this government. Hopefully they'll get whitewashed in the next election!

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286892 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic DWP Banks
I am 76, a widow and living on my own and still spend my life in fear of them. I am on pension credit and DLA, my pension credit links to my housing benefit. So I constantly have nightmares that I am going to lose the lot and lose my home.
Yup Chris you said it all, exactly. Now after watching those Post Office scandals and all those poor people wrongly convicted, nothing surprises me any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
8 months 1 week ago #286904 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP Banks
Hi lesley,

Awww bless - it's certainly not the way you should be feeling at that stage of life, come to think of it, nobody should be feeling this way at any stage of life, except those who are forcing this mental anguish upon us all.
I know, I totally agree, I watched Mr.Bates and was in tears with it - It was a disgrace. I put it on similar lines as the Hillsborough disaster, and the lies from the Police and that newspaper named after something that shines very bright in the sky. Saying their name even makes me cringe - eurgh!

I think the easiest thing for this government to do would be to legalise euthanasia, and then they don't have to worry about us so called dregs of society (because I'm sure thats what they see us as) - then we could all just get on with saving them money by ending it all - well, that's the way they make me feel a lot of the time!

You take care lesley, have a good weekend, and we're always here for you, should you need us :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286969 by fibrofred
Replied by fibrofred on topic DWP Banks
It will be very interesting to see how they are going to access bank accounts of people with 'only means tested' benefits when there appears to be absolutely no way for the banks to differentiate between payments of ESA Contributions Based (which is not means tested) and ESA Income Related (not means tested). I doubt the DWP have even realised this yet!

Also the legalities around accessing ANY bank account never mind those who don't receive means tested benefits will also be interesting.

No matter what, the cost and the amount of work that will need to be put into this, especially from the banks, will be phenomenal.

Crazy times ahead!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.