× Members

Too much supporting evidence for review

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286237 by Kevsue19
Too much supporting evidence for review was created by Kevsue19
I am in the middle of my PIP review, having extended the return date from 25/12 to 9/1! As I have been through this a few times before, I have collected quite a lot of evidence, and I have also completed several days of your template diary. This means I have many pages of evidence , which I believe to all be “relevant” but is there such a thing as “too much” ? I do have complex issues, so have letters about each of the medical conditions and procedures done over the last 3 1/2 years too, and I asked my GP to print off my list of conditions and medications. I also have a letter from the museum that I volunteer at one afternoon a week which confirms what I do and my “limitations” and a statment from my husband who is my carer, confirming what he does for me every day .
Whilst there is no doubt my conditions have got worse, I think my points should more or less stay the same, but I do want to tell them the whole story. I also remember on my last (telephone) review in 2020 the HP commented “ oh I like to see lots of information “
This is the only benefit I can claim, so whilst I have been through this before, unusually for me, I lack confidence!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286242 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Too much supporting evidence for review
Hi Evelyn

You should only send in evidence that supports how your condition affects you. What DWP do not want is appointment letters as they only show that you had an appointment not the out come of the appointment.

The outcome letters from the appointment are important to send in as they usually contain a diagnose, day diaries are good as well as supporting documents.

If you regularly see a consultant over many years then sending in a copy of each outcome letter is not necessary, I usually send in a copy of the first outcome letter followed by the most recent providing it is about the same condition, if other conditions are mentioned in the outcome letter then send in those.

Some claimants send in nothing others send in war and peace, it is up to the claimant to best describe how their condition affects them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevsue19

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286244 by Kevsue19
Replied by Kevsue19 on topic Too much supporting evidence for review
Thank you - I will review it all when I am ready to send it off, it does relate to deterioration in my conditions. I must be a “war and peace” person! It would feel wrong to me not to send in anything, as I think the evidence should “ paint the picture” for whoever looks at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286255 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Too much supporting evidence for review
Good luck Evelyn - fingers crossed!

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevsue19

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.