× Members

PIP review form

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286217 by lottie1
PIP review form was created by lottie1
I am completing a PIP review form.Not done a review form before.i am unclear about whether to put 'No change' on a question.Its the 'Eating and drinking question. I was previously awarded 0 for this descriptor. despite the fact i have mental health issues -so need prompting to eat and drink as have low mood/low energy . It hasn't changed but the last time i did a review i got 0 for that part. The assessor wrote on past pip assessments that i don't have a eating disorder,no i don't but i have mental health problems that affect my eating/drinking.I have a letter from my support worker saying i need prompting to eat and drink due to mental health issues.

Also the mobility question about Planning and following the route to another place.i got 0 on.Despite the fact i need someone with me in unfamiliar places.and have agoraphobia.I have a letter from a psychiatrist saying i have agoraphobia .Unsure whether to put would ' cause overwhelming distress ' or need someone with me in unfamiliar places as both apply to me

Should pip review be treated like a new claim? I am going to send medical evidence in .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286225 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review form
Hi lottie1,

PIP forms should be treat as if they are a new claim. I have tried "no change" in the past before I found this site, and I got nowhere, and was awarded 0 points for everything.

You can use the guides within the forum to explain how to word things for a better chance of success.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lottie1

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286226 by lottie1
Replied by lottie1 on topic PIP review form
Thanks Chris
I will do that .treat review form as a new claim and provide details

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286231 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP review form
Hi lottie1

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevsue19

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286247 by Yesuf
Replied by Yesuf on topic PIP review form
Thanks Gary
I am writing this because I have also similar issue. I am typing my review form.
When you said don't split your answers or do one for each activity, do you mean to answer the three questions in that activity in one additional page? . The space for each question is very small ( 3 line) which is difficult to explain in detail.
So can you elaborate please
Thanks

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286282 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP review form
Hi Yesuf

As the review form has small boxes, if you have a lot to fit in the box, write your answer on a seperate piece of paper, don't forget to number the page X of Y ( page 3 of 11 ) and include your name and NINO, in the box on the review form, write in large letters see page 3.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yesuf

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.