× Members

video assessment

• Mark65
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286214 by Mark65
video assessment was created by Mark65
hi there I had a video assessment on 13th November 20-25 minutes from the end the sound went. so hp had to finish off the assessment by phone I got the pa4 with no mention of the equipment failing and had to be done by phone I phoned ias services they are going to send a complaint pack out .my question is will this be relevant to my claim as I am currently waiting on a decision from the dwp thanks for any help you all do an amazing job kind regards
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286220 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic video assessment
Hi Mark65

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. You ask whether it is relevant to your claim. I think that depends on the result of your assessment. I know you haven't received the decision, but you have the PA4, which should give an indication of what points you scored. If you're not happy with what it says, then you may be able to argue that you were disadvantaged during the assessment because of the breakdown of equipment and having to change the assessment type in the middle.

However, that wouldn't mean they would increase the number of points. They may just apologise and say that it made no difference to the outcome, or they could offer you another assessment. You then have to ask yourself whether you want to go through it all again.

If, however, it looks as if you are going to receive the award you were hoping for, then you can still complain about what happened, and they might give you a small amount of compensation for the stress caused or again, you might just receive an apology letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mark65
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286227 by Mark65
Replied by Mark65 on topic video assessment
it says 8 points on the pa4 I only put in a change of circumstances due to being awarded the support group for esa as I thought you had to notify the dwp
pip as I was placed in the support group and didn't want an overpayment wish I hadn't told them now!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

• Mark65
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286251 by Mark65
also on the report instead of referring to he as in me it says ' 'they' so they could be talking about a group of people very confusing a benefits adviser filled the form out with me just signing and dating they said my sister filled out the form my sister was there to support me they recommended 2 years with conditionsthat there is no cure obstructive sleep apnea, tinnitus, and alcoholism all lifelong conditions that will never get better previously 6 years 4 years I know what I have to live with every day and how it impacts my day to day life 52 page's of evidence I sent in on the pa4 it seems like they the hp is talking about someone else!!! thanks for all you do kind regards Mark

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286259 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic video assessment
Hi Mark65

So if the decision-maker follows the PA4 report - then you should be awarded standard daily living. So I assume that your award is unchanged despite putting in for a change of circumstances. Award lengths have become shorter across the board. I hope that you get more than two years because in reality you would be sent a review form after one year.

You could write to the decision maker now and challenge any of the points you're not happy with and ask for a longer award length. You only have a small window to do this and would need to say that you reserve the right to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration if necessary. It may not make a difference. Otherwise, you can wait for the decision letter - and decide if you want to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

I know you put in lots of evidence, but I suspect one of the things that you are fighting against is the lack of understanding of your conditions. It's very difficult for anyone who hasn't experienced tinnitus to understand the impact of a constant noise in your head and the impact that has on concentration, well-being, communication etc. So if you do find yourself challenging the decision, have a new look at your explanations to make sure that it's clear how your conditions link to the specific PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mark65
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286260 by Mark65
thanks for the advice bis I will be putting in an Mr as they have taken 2 points off me and says it was on previous report that I scored 1A for washing and dressing so I checked previous pa4 got 2 points for it again says for the managing money question 1A previously when it was 2 points for that as well thanks so much bis for your good advice you all do a great job.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.