× Members

Scottish ADP

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286142 by ScottishSarah
Scottish ADP was created by ScottishSarah
I am frustrated with the length of time it is taking for my change of circumstances application to be considered.

I was under DWP PIP and contacted them about a change of circumstances in February 2023, which started the transfer to the Scottish ADP. I waited until May 2023 until social security Scotland made contact and provided forms/links to submit evidence. I was on holiday at the time and returned mid June. I submitted all evidence in mid July 2023.

We are now in December and I am being advised my application still hasn’t been assigned to a case worker. A search suggests SSS are taking 4-6 months on average review applications, however it’s been 5 months and they haven’t even gotten to the point that I am even being looked at. I assume the case worker may want to write to my GP or physiotherapist for more information (hopefully not - but is a possibility).

Has anyone else had similar experiences and have any suggestions on how to escalate this? I asked them to escalate but they said no.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286166 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Scottish ADP
Hi ScottishSarah

Hopefully, someone else will be able to tell you of their experience, but we have heard of other delays, and I suspect there is nothing you can do about it but wait.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286178 by lauren
Replied by lauren on topic Scottish ADP
hi I am in exactly the same boat .I actually feel quite desperate to get a result now.,, It is a ridiculous length of time to wait and like you I am not yet assigned to a case worker.

I think they are really struggling with the number of reviews they have to do as well as as all the first time applicants for ADP.

You can go on to to enquire about your case. www.mygov.scot/contact-social-security-scotland

Hope it helps to know you are not alone x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286232 by copshaw
Replied by copshaw on topic Scottish ADP
I had just basically put the same post up a couple of hours ago think we are looking at 7 months at least no excuses as they promised so much and have had plenty of time to prepare ,

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286233 by copshaw
Replied by copshaw on topic Scottish ADP
Problem is this delay then has a marked effect on mental health other benefits ,but also on blue badge applications as they run out and in ordering a car if the delay is going to be 3 months and counting

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286263 by ExtraTerrestrial
Replied by ExtraTerrestrial on topic Scottish ADP
I applied for ADP in April and received my award in August.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.