× Members

Change of circumstances while waiting for a PIP decision?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286122 by Oakgrove
I submitted my PIP renewal back in March and am still waiting for a decision and it's now December! I get a text every two months telling me it's still being processed and that they could still call me for an assessment so at least I know I'm still in the queue!
My question is, should I notify them of an improvement in my condition now or wait until they've finally made a decision?
I have Relapsing Remitting MS and for the last few months the I've been able to walk a bit further than I could back in March which would put me in a different category for mobility.
Any guidance much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286124 by Gary
Hi JMcFall

We cannot advise you when to inform DWP of a change in your circumstances, it is a decision you will have to make.

As you have a flucturating condition I would wait until you have a decision but the choice is yours.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oakgrove

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286310 by Oakgrove
Thanks for your reply. I had intended to wait until they'd made a decision but it's now been 9 months since I sent my renewal in and I'm still waiting!
Are these kinds of delays common at the moment?
If I inform them of a change in circumstances now will they want me to start the PIP renewal all over again and will they continue paying me at the current rate while they process the change?
I'm also worried that if I don't tell them about a change they might claim some of my PIP payments back.
Basically I don't understand the process so any clarity would be much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286336 by Gary
Hi JMcFall

I would like to say no, delays are no common but that would be a lie, delays can take over a year, for peace of mind you may want to contact DWP to see where you are in the process.

If you inform of a change of circumstances then you will be sent a new PIP 2 form to complete.

Until a decision has been made then you are entitled to the payments.

Once a decision has been made then a claim will either cease, carry on or get a higher rate.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oakgrove, KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.