× Members

pip xmas

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286108 by Olive
pip xmas was created by Olive
Hi,

Do the people who receive a pip mobility award also get the £10 christmas bonus from dwp?

Or is it just certain benefits who get it?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286119 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip xmas
Hi Olive

You must also get at least one of the following benefits in the ‘qualifying week’ - this is normally the first full week of December:

Adult Disability Payment
Armed Forces Independence Payment
Attendance Allowance
Carer’s Allowance
Carer Support Payment
Child Disability Payment
Constant Attendance Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (once the main phase of the benefit is entered after the first 13 weeks of claim)
Disability Living Allowance
Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
Industrial Death Benefit (for widows or widowers)
Mobility Supplement
Pension Credit - the guarantee element
Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
State Pension (including Graduated Retirement Benefit)
Severe Disablement Allowance (transitionally protected)
Unemployability Supplement or Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
War Disablement Pension at State Pension age
War Widow’s Pension
Widowed Mother’s Allowance
Widowed Parent’s Allowance
Widow’s Pension
If you have not claimed your State Pension and are not entitled to one of the other qualifying benefits you will not get a Christmas Bonus. www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Olive

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286135 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic pip xmas
Thank you Gary

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286137 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic pip xmas
Hi Gary,

I have just re-read your reply. I only have pip mobility on it's own - is that not enough for the xmas bonus. Would I needed to have had pip daily living aswell?

thanks

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #286140 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic pip xmas
Hi Olive,

This has been posted online:

The extra £10 is being given to people who claim at least one of 21 benefits this month. If you are eligible, you will see an extra £10 land in your bank with the code "DWP XB". You should get the money if you were claiming one of the following benefits in the first week of December: (See Gary's list).

You claim at least one, so I'd imagine you're eligible based on that statement.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Chris.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286141 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic pip xmas
Come to think of it,

I get both elements of PIP and haven't received a £10 payment, so my guess is that it's delayed, as I did get this last year.

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.