× Members

Amazing Outcome! Some info for Northern Ireland members.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286075 by fibrofred
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I received my PIP Review decision letter and to say the outcome was a shock would be an understatement! There is no change to my current award of SR Daily Living & Mobility but more importantly the decision was a paper based assessment and…. for an “ongoing” period. I am amazed that I have been given a paper based review but so relieved not to have to go through the trauma of a F2F assessment again!

Anyway, I don’t wish to go on about my good news – I really just wanted to try to possibly help others who, like myself, find the whole process so exhausting & stressful.

So I wanted to share my timeline which will be particularly helpful to Northern Ireland members and provide some info that might be helpful to others.

My condition is Fibromyalgia.

AR1 form: As there has been no change to my symptoms I basically repeated & reconfirmed the same answers from the previous review form and original PIP application and wrote ‘no change’ to the 2 or 3 questions that weren’t relevant to the way my health affects me such as ‘reading and understanding signs..’. I used only the space provided at each question.

Crucially, I did not (because I had none) provide ANY 'further evidence'! I'm sure others with this condition will know how hard it is to provide further information as Fibro is not curable and once all treatments/consultant input is exhausted it becomes impossible to build up any further medical evidence especially when you have Fibro for many years.

My timeline is as follows:

7th June Text from DfC advising PIP Review had started
10th June PIP Review form received
3rd July PIP Review form posted to DfC
4th July Text from DfC advising they received form
22nd Sept Text from DfC "we still have your PIP Review form"...
24th Nov Text from DfC "Your PIP Review is complete..."
6th Dec Decision letter received from DfC.

I hope this information will be of help to someone out there.

Lastly, I really cannot praise enough all those at B&W. The time and effort you all put in to help others is so invaluable and so appreciated. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for always being there. I wish you all a truly healthy & happy Christmas and hope 2024 is kind to you all.

Best wishes, Fibrofred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie, denby, ivyfox, Sheila 966, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286076 by Gary
Hi fibrofred

A Happy Christmas to you

Congratulations and well done, you can now have a well deserved rest.

Thank you for the timeline, this does help fellow members starting out on their journey

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ REVIEW @ PAPER

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fibrofred

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286192 by badoop
Hi fibrofred
thanks for your timeline for pip reviews in northern ireland, i am now at the review stage and i am hoping i do not need an assessment, i also have fibro plus problems with arthritis for which i had some recent reports stating it is now extensive. i hope i did the right thing by sending them in with my review form, worried now incase they will want an assessment.
So pleased for you that you got the award you deserved
The following user(s) said Thank You: fibrofred

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286240 by fibrofred
Hi Badoop

I'm glad the timeline is of some help to you as I know it's very difficult to get any information relating to Northern Ireland anywhere.

I really hope, like me, the DfC will not need to assess you on your progressive issues. At some point it has to be realised it is a waste of their time & the claimants to give an assessment to someone who is very unlikely to get better, especially from an illness there is no cure for.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hopefully you can let us know how you get on.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.