× Members

Carers Allowance advice needed

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286040 by Gary
Carers Allowance advice needed was created by Gary
Hi all,

I applied online and got knockback for carers allowance even though my earnings after childcare costs are under the £139 threshold. When applying online there was no option of uploading payslips or proof of my child care costs and 3 weeks later I got a letter saying I have been refused and I have 4 weeks to respond if I think they have made the wrong decision.

I phoned yesterday and they say I need to reapply and then send them the documents after I have done so by post to wolverhampton.

Does this sound right and is there a facility to upload documents when applying online as I couldn't see it?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286054 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Carers Allowance advice needed
Hi Gary

I'm sorry, but I've never used the online system. But if you didn't see somewhere to be able to upload the information - it is probably correct. Perhaps a member might read your post and say what they did.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.