× Members

PIP2 Form Section 1 About your health condition or disability

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285978 by Waxwing
Hello

I am preparing to help my brother to fill in his PIP2 Questionnaire form and I have a question that is not addressed in your guides.

On the form there are only 6 box spaces to add "Name of your Condition or Disability" but he has more than 6 that affect his daily living and mobility. How would I address this problem? Could I put more than one condition per box for example divide a box into two sections so allowing 12 conditions to be added?

Also if a condition has been a lifelong condition like for example learning difficulties or a spinal deformity causing back pain how would we address the "approximate start date" section if he has had it from birth or from a very young age?

I have read through your guides but I have not managed to identify any reference that your answer the above questions. If they are addressed in your guides then please accept my appologies for not seeing the relevent info.

Thank you in advance for your assistance it is most appreciated :)
Waxwing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285985 by LL26
Hi Waxwing,
Whenever there isn't enough space, simply add a spare piece of paperand use that. Make sure you put your brother's name and NI number on all extra sheets.Trying to squeeze a lot if information into the overly small box runs the danger that nothing is legible!
You can also use the continuation space at the rear of the form.
Make sure you indicate where you have written the extra information clearly.
If the condition has been lifelong, then simply put since birth.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286092 by Waxwing
Thank you LL26 for your advice.
Following your advice we are going to add the further conditions under Question 15 so they are included in the official PIP2 Questionnaire.
Thanks again
Kind Regards
Waxwing

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286094 by Chris
Good luck Waxwing. :)

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286100 by denby
Dear Waxwing,
When there isn't going to be enough space I follow the advice seen here previously - I don't try to put any of the info at all in that box, just a 'please see doc No x' and put all of it on that extra page. This way avoids the risk that they read what you have put in the box and simply don't bother with the rest.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Waxwing, LL26

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286114 by Waxwing
Thank you Chris and Denby :)

A final question do we put when the conditions started to affect daily living and mobility or when the condition was diagnosed?

For example if my brother has had back pain for decades but it has started to affect his daily living for the past 9 years but the back condition was diagnosed 5 years ago we would put 9 years?

Hope that makes sense :unsure:

Thanks in advance :)
Waxwing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.