× Members

Capability for work questionaire ESA 50

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285956 by Oxocube1
Capability for work questionaire ESA 50 was created by Oxocube1
Hello,
As the appointee for my disabled adult daughter, I have just received an ESA 50 form dated 28th November. I am both confused and anxious at receiving this, especially as I have not long returned her lengthy PIP review form. My daughter was placed in the support group category many years ago now, she is autistic with ADhD and a learning disability, and other Co morbid conditions, receiving weekly theraplay and psychologist sessions along with home visits from her psychiatrist. All the latest supporting information went in with the PiP review therefore, I am confused as to why they would send this form now after all this time and her being in the support group, and I am anxious as I struggle with so many questions and forms to be completed when they already have all the latest professional reports. I read other posts and see a reference to paragraph from government stating no one should receive these after the 28th and other posts reference ins 22nd - it seems concerning and convenient that the date on the form is 28th yet I received it yesterday…. Can anyone advise me please as the thought of another form is draining but the thought of putting my daughter through this turmoil is horrendous and will impact any progress she has made mentally..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286002 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Capability for work questionaire ESA 50
Hi Oxocube1

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but honestly, there is nothing sinister in it. We often hear of people receiving an ESA review form shortly after they have completed their PIP form and vice versa. It is just the luck of the draw; unfortunately, you have been unlucky. There is a backlog of ESA reviews. Normally, ESA lasts for 1, 2 or 3 years. Many claimants who haven't been reviewed for 5, 7 or 10 years have assumed they wouldn't get a form again - but quite a few of our members have reported suddenly receiving them and have been as shocked as you. You could ring and ask why the form has suddenly been sent and check that there's nothing from a previous review saying she's a vulnerable person and there's no point in assessing her again - but there are only a limited amount of people who have that on their files, and I would expect you to already know about it if it was in place.

I understand you are feeling overwhelmed, but you already have the information you need, which you used for her PIP review. You can ring and ask for an extension to give you more time; I'm sure they will grant it. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to complete the form, as you don't want them to question your role as your daughter's appointee. I hope that you kept the PIP review form. Although the questions are not exactly the same I'm sure much of the information you will be able just to copy across. It's a laborious task, but you've done most of the work already.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286059 by Gaston20
Replied by Gaston20 on topic Capability for work questionaire ESA 50
Hi,
I
I see a claimant below me has received a esa50 form dated after the 22nd November.
Could this be potentially be due to their original referral date letter being before the 22nd Nov? Not the UC50/ESA50 ?

As we know when esa/uc triggers a referral to the assessment department for a WCA, typically what happens for UC claimants is they receive a letter on the journal online (ESA get sent a letter in the post )stating that they are being referred and that the assessment department will be sending a questionnaire ‘Soon ’ .

Soon is important, because once they trigger the referral it can take days weeks or months to receive the questionnaire.
So people with an existing referral letter before the 22nd November will likely still receive UC50s now and in the future.

The date on the referral letter is the ONLY useful information. And anyone with a referral letter that is dated after the 22nd Nov is what we need to be looking out for as to be completely certain that assessments have indeed stopped for existing LCWRA claimants.

Unfortunately those who have gotten a referral letter dated before the 22nd November will likely still be assessed.

We should really be trying to figure out if anyone has had a referral letter on their journal that is dated after the 22nd November, not a UC50 questionnaire.

Maybe the mods could put out a post that asks if people who are already in the UC LCWRA group/ESA Support group to reply if they have received a referral letter dated after the 22nd November?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286061 by Gaston20
Replied by Gaston20 on topic Capability for work questionaire ESA 50
Hi Oxocube,

In the past I have used both benefitsandwork and fightback.co.uk to help me fill out forms, they make it super easy and they even have an option to fill out the forms for you on your behalf. They have a Facebook pages aswell.
Hope it helps,
Kind regards

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286264 by jackslad
Replied by jackslad on topic Capability for work questionaire ESA 50
I received capability for work review after 10 years on support side of ESA and I am late fifties also about same time as PIP review.
When ESA were called and asked as to why when in receipt of full PIP on both counts I needed an ESA review I was told ESA is completely different criteria.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286280 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Capability for work questionaire ESA 50
Hi jackslad

You were told correctly, Employment Support Allowance is a beneit paid to you if your ability to work is limited by either ill health or a disability.

Personal Independance Payment is a benefit for adults who have a physical or mental disability and need help taking part in everyday life or find it difficult to get around.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.