× Members

Change of Circumstance- will I have to apply for UC?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285913 by pokitoki
I'm currently in benefit of income related ESA: support group but do not recieve housing benefit. I understand these two are legacy benefits being phased out and at some point i'll be in a managed migration into UC.

My current living situation is very bad and i'll need to move to a different address soon within the same province and have to pay rent. I'm assuming I'll need to write a letter to the DWP about the change and apply for housing benefit. Will this change mean I will have to apply for Universal credit and not be protected by managed migration anymore? Like a fresh claimant?

And if so, will i have to go through a work assessment again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just so confused by all of it and very stressed out. I didn't know who to turn to.

Thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285927 by Gary
Hi pokitoki

HB is not being phased out, at least not yet.

As you are not in receipt of HB, if you move to some where you need to apply for help with housing costs then you will have to apply for UC and claim housing element, as it will be a natural migration you will not be eligible to claim Transitional Protection.

As you are in the support group you should be eligible to get the LCWRA element when you apply for UC providing you ESA claim is still live when you claim. You will at some stage be sent a review for WCA.

Speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to explain everything to you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.