× Members

PIP review with no extension period cover?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285878 by Wiggles
Sorry for the subject line, I wasn't sure how to frame this issue.

My award runs out in/around the holidays. I've called the DWP and asked if they could provide a letter explaining I'm under review and an extension with be granted until a decision has been made. They've said no, they won't do this. They'll only provide a letter that states when my claim runs out.

I'm now in a position where my blue badge runs out and my claim on the same day. And, even if I am awarded an extension I won't know because everything will be closed therefore the letter isn't likely to reach me until gone the New Year.

I appreciate that I have to just wait for a decision to be made but once I receive the decision it'll be AFTER my award has ended.

My MP has ignored me in the past when asking for help, I'm presuming they'll do the same again but I've written to them all the same.

I hope this makes sense and I understand that many are in this position which is just awful.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any an all help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285910 by Gary
Hi Wiggles

I believe that you have covered all the bases, when writing to your MP, I would also copy in the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285915 by Wiggles
Replied by Wiggles on topic PIP review with no extension period cover?
Hi Gary,

Thanks very much. I've done that, too.

Hopefully my MP decides to reply to me this time. It's very worrying.

Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.