× Members

Do phone assessments require appts?

More
10 months 10 hours ago #285832 by J
Hello,

My partner just received an ESA phone assessment with no warning. (Sent the form in a few months ago. He already receives it so it’s a check up- I can’t think of the correct terms atm)
He was asleep so was confused and is very anxious/forgetful and didn’t think to ask for a different time so that he could have support.

I just wondered if they’re allowed to spring an assessment like that? I’m concerned it’s going to impact things because he isn’t on the ball enough to recall all the info to volunteer and it’s also causing unnecessary panic.

Thank you for any help :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 8 hours ago #285839 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Do phone assessments require appts?
Hi J

Claimants are supposed to be given 7 days' notice of an appointment for an assessment. This applies whether a person is trying to claim for the first time or have a review like your partner.

He could ring and ask for a different date, but he would have to accept the next one he is given.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 8 hours ago #285842 by J
Replied by J on topic Do phone assessments require appts?
Thank you, Unfortunately he wasn’t “with it” and accepted the assessment and fumbled through the questions.

As he didn’t receive an appt or notice is it worth a complaint / can anything be done?

More
10 months 33 minutes ago #285857 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Do phone assessments require appts?
Hi J

I would wait for the outcome before going down any route.

Once a decision has been made, apply for a copy of the assessors report called ESA85 before you make any decisions. Fumbling through the questions may go in their favour.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286278 by Jacs
Replied by Jacs on topic Do phone assessments require appts?
I have received a letter today for telephone assessment for my PIP review next Friday 22nd December, awful timing when my review submission was a year ago! I cannot even request a copy of the assessment until after Christmas and the stress already with Christmas, recovering from neck surgery and going into hospital again 4th January, gives me no time to prepare.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.