× Members

personal independence payment

More
10 months 1 day ago #285794 by colcs
personal independence payment was created by colcs
Good Afternoon.

I am in receipt of the above benefit for various health conditions.
My current award is until august 2027 ,i had a five year award in august 2022 on my review.

I was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder in august this year and i am now concerned that i have not informed dwp.
To be honest i am just so worried about letting them know i have this diagnosis because i know i cannot cope with completing another review form ,although my local cancer centre completed my last one for me but i was then contacted by the dwp out of the blue about my review but they gave me two extra years on my previous award.

I would welcome some advice on what i should do please if you can .
kind regards
colcslew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 day ago #285805 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic personal independence payment
Hi colcs

The DWP advice is always to inform them of a change in circumstance in your condition (including a new diagnosis), but in reality, they tend only to be interested if a person's condition has improved (and they then may not have to pay out as much).

So the next thing to consider is your current award. If you currently have an enhanced award for both components - then the new diagnosis doesn't have an impact.

If you don't have an enhanced award for both components - you need to consider whether this new diagnosis will make any difference. Then if it will make a difference -do you want to try and go for an increased award? If you did, you would write and tell them that it was a change of circumstances. If you don't want to go for an increased award - then you can decide either just to write them a letter and tell them you just want the diagnosis added to your file - or you can wait until your next review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 21 hours ago #285828 by colcs
Replied by colcs on topic personal independence payment
Good Morning .
Thank you for your reply.
I only have enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility .
I will consider your advice that you have provided ,and thank you once again .
kind regards
colcs.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.