× Members

pip review- assessor's report advice please

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 1 day ago #285754 by headabovethewater
pip review- assessor's report advice please was created by headabovethewater
So my pip review assessment review arrived. As usual full of mistakes 😒 It looks like I've been kept in standard daily living and awarded standard mobility, but I do feel, and paperwork backs up my changes of limitations that the award should be changed for enhanced daily. I've read before the advice to go thru with a highlighter, stick to facts, she even mentioned future surgery which I isn't true! Any advice on who to address the letter to? Make it clear its not an Mr? Is anyone every successful at this level? Is so exhausting after all the hard work to read the lies 😒😢 Thank you for any experiences/advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 day ago #285770 by BIS
Hi Headabovethewater

I'm sorry that the PA4 doesn't have the outcome you were hoping for.

You can address your letter to the Decision Maker. Just say that you are writing to them prior to the decision being made and you reserve the right to put in for an MR if necessary in the future.

I can't tell you how many people have been successful - it's impossible for us to know, but I know a few people who have written believe they have been when the decision letter decision is different from the assessment report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater

More
10 months 1 day ago #285781 by denby
Dear headabovethewater, i hope it will cheer you, I am one of the ones that firmly believe a letter to 'The Decision Maker' as per BIS's reply was successful. This was for our daughter, she had had to go to Tribunal twice [first claim and first renewal]. When it came round again, and with Covid I wouldn't have been able to be with her so she was freaking out, I managed to phone and get it switched to paper based on grounds of OPD that is, overwhelming psychological distress. Now you have the right to switch type anyway. But nevertheless the PA3 [like PA4 but for paper based] rubbished her claim. Eg 'Tramadol for moderate pain'. I wrote in adding the NHS page that states Tramadol is for severe pain and politely [never ever say 'lied'!] pointing out where the comments didn't match the evidence, referencing the document numbers. Hey presto enhanced on both restored, which that assessment report would not have given.

My take is they just try it on, as they will succeed whenever they hit on a claimant without support, or lower levels of literacy, which is neither a crime nor the claimant's fault! So do not let them grind you down.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Gary, headabovethewater

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 1 day ago #285786 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic pip review- assessor's report advice please
That's really useful thank you. I added lots of consultant, family and doctor letter and they weren't referenced on the important parts. Where they have stuck to 2 points on the daily living parts would you say - I believe this should be 4 and direct them to the written proof? Many thanks

More
10 months 21 hours ago - 10 months 21 hours ago #285798 by BIS
Hi Headabovethewater

Yes, I would tell them what you think your daughter should have scored and point them to the evidence.

Get your letter in ASAP - there is only a small window of time. We can't say for certain how big the window of time is - because they could make the decision within a few days or up to six weeks or more.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 months 21 hours ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, headabovethewater

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286367 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic pip review- assessor's report advice please
Thank you for the help it gave me the confidence to try the 'decision makers' letter. I have since received a saying we have received all we need to make a decision - do you think this will be the six week ish wait? If it hasn't changed then it will be a Mr, thank you again
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.