× Members

25 weeks since PIP review

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #285851 by Wiggles
Replied by Wiggles on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi Drewzz,

This is very helpful, thank-you very much!

> my council is taking 3 months to process Blue Badge renewals, so I'm still left grounded for some weeks on that score> - That's outrageous! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. Mine is also about to run out but oh my days are you right, nothing works.

My current claim runs out in 3 weeks. Right smack in the middle of the Holidays. Yikes.

I'm presuming the Select Committee on Work and Pensions in Parliament details are: Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: 020 7219 8976 (general enquiries) | 020 7219 1679 (media enquiries)
Address: Work and Pensions Committee | House of Commons | London | SW1A 0AA

I'll contact my MP and cc the above in straight away, follow up with the DWP on Monday.

Thanks again, really appreciate the heads up and info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #285852 by Wiggles
Hi Drewzz,

Weird, I replied but it appears to of disappeared.

I wanted to say thanks kindly for your reply, it's very helpful and appreciated.

Also, I'm so sorry that you've been mucked about with the blue badge and just generally. It's just awful. You're too right, nothing works!

I'm presuming the Select Committee on Work and Pensions in Parliament address details are: Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: 020 7219 8976 (general enquiries) | 020 7219 1679 (media enquiries)
Address: Work and Pensions Committee | House of Commons | London | SW1A 0AA

I'll contact my MP straight away along with the Select Committee, follow up with the DWP on Monday, again.

This is great advice, thanks very much. My claim ends in about 3 weeks, right in the middle of the holidays. Yikes!

Wish me luck. And, take care.

More
8 months 2 days ago #287202 by Grandma b
Replied by Grandma b on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
I sent my PIP review form back in feb 23 i have just had my telephone assessment last week on 23rd jan. I had a lovely lady doing my assessment she was a nurse and had really nice way about her and i have just recieved the report she did and she has given me points for high on care and mobility too,so hopefully my award will be the same.I have been kn standard for care and mobility since transfering from DLA in 2019 when i got a real bad assessor and i lost my mobility car.I was so worried this time,but luckily it went very well.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287237 by Georgiegirl
Replied by Georgiegirl on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi our review has taken 1 year never received any texts had a letter Friday for a telephone assessment next week
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
8 months 3 hours ago #287360 by Wiggles
Hi GG, my MP had to get involved. The call centre staff were rude, tried to mislead me multiple time by stating I wasn't entitled to anything even if this meant I lost my Blue Badge. This was with several staff members.

I tried to raise a complaint and they wouldn't accept it. They said the staff needed training and it's up to us 'customers' to 'teach the telephony staff'. It made no sense but I gave up.

When my MP got involved because I was asking for an extension letter the DWP replied stating that I was more-or-less too demanding to expect the review to be done. Even though that's not what I was asking for!

It really is hit and miss.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.