× Members

25 weeks since PIP review

More
10 months 2 days ago #285743 by Wiggles
25 weeks since PIP review was created by Wiggles
Hi everyone,

When I submitted my PIP review I was told that it could take some time to have a reply/know if I need an assessment. I've called the advice line but I just sit on it for ages with no answer.

Is this period of time normal to wait for the review response? What should I do?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 days ago #285747 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi Wiggles,

Unfortunately it can take months. My whole process from applying for PIP and getting the award was nearly 2 years. If you know that they have your form to review, then all you can do is wait for them to contact you. You should get updates every few months (usually around 3) about where they're at.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 2 days ago #285748 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Sorry, forgot to say that the updates usually come via text message.

Also, if you do ring them, you can often be waiting a minimum of 40 minutes plus for someone to answer, depending on the times that you call.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wiggles

More
10 months 1 day ago #285787 by Wiggles
Replied by Wiggles on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Sorry to hear it took your application so long, that's awful!

I'm not applying for PIP though, this was just a review. It's been 7 months (I think I got the amount of time wrong in my original post). And, the only txts I'm getting are saying we have your form and we're reviewing it. The next one said, we're still reviewing your form. There was nothing about where they're at in the process. Should I have a txt that's more specific? Meaning a txt that says we're at x in the process?

Thanks again!

More
10 months 21 hours ago #285799 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi Wiggles

I'm afraid many reviews are taking a long time. The worst we have heard on here is someone waiting for eighteen months. Yesterday, a member said his wife had just had hers done after nearly a year. Some have happened within 16 weeks, but you're already past that time. We honestly can't give you a clear picture. The only thing you can do is phone the DWP and see if there is an update to the current status of your claim.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles

More
10 months 18 hours ago #285810 by drewzz
Replied by drewzz on topic 25 weeks since PIP review
Hi Wiggles,

DWP are supposed to write to you with an extension of one year added to your current claim, before your current claim runs out, to give them time to catch up with their backlog of review cases.
This did not happen with me and my claim and blue badge were both about to expire.
So I contacted my MP directly by email, copying in the Select Committee on Work and Pensions in Parliament, and it was sorted out with a year's extension of my PIP within a week.
Unfortunately, my council is taking 3 months to process Blue Badge renewals, so I'm still left grounded for some weeks on that score.
Nothing works as it should after years of financial cuts.

Nevertheless, don't forget your MP as a resource.

All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wiggles, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid