× Members

PIP review - Changes

More
10 months 5 days ago #285655 by Kelly
PIP review - Changes was created by Kelly
Hi,

I’m looking for some advice please.

I am doing my PIP review.

My main health problems were physical on my original and last PIP reviews even though I stated lifelong depression and anxiety.

My mental health has deteriorated severely and I have separated from my partner who helped me. So I no longer have his support.

I simply do not manage tasks due to physical and more and more so due to my deteriorating mental health which affects everything to do with daily living. Diagnosed with EUPD just after sending my last review back 4 years ago and I rang DWP to tell them before I got my statement of entitlement.

When statement of entitlement came through my mental health had not been considered at all with regard to communicating, reading, conversing and mixing with people. - this has always been problematic for me but has severely worded. I phoned the DWP to say my mental health had not been considered and was told it didn’t matter as I’d scored enough points anyway. I was angry that they had not taken my mental health into consideration.

Since my last review I have been diagnosed with traits of DPD 2 1/2 years ago and recently C-PTSD by my trauma therapist and am waiting for long term therapy with CMHT, I have been waiting for 7 months.

When filling in the form do I write that nothing has changed and add the info about my mental health and how it affects me, or should I describe my physical problems all over again. I’m worried that if I don’t go over the physical problems a new assessor won’t consider them.

As I don’t have help from my partner anymore, I don’t have help or encouragement and simply spend the majority of the time doing nothing. If I state I simply don’t do things will this be considered or go against me as I don’t have help despite needing it?

Sorry for such a long post but my anxiety is heightened.

I would be grateful for some advice please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 days ago #285668 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review - Changes
Hi Kelly,

Sorry to read about the troubles you have been facing - they sound very difficult to cope with, and it can be cruel what life throws at us at times.
I think it's shocking that the DWP advisor said "it doesn't matter" about your situation in relation to the points scored - I don't think this shows much empathy at all.

When filling in your forms, it's best to fill them in as if it was a new claim every time. I've done this in the past and just wrote "no change in circumstances" and my claim was just dismissed and they scored me 0 points on everything, despite me having PIP in the past.

I'm not sure if all councils offer this, but you can get help from Welfare Rights/Support Service (your local council may be able to give you the number, or it may be available on Google) when filling out the forms also if you're struggling, but the guides on here are brilliant, and often lead to a success.

Hope this advice helps, and any further queries, just come back, and one of us will try our best to help answer with what we can.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yesuf, Kelly

More
9 months 1 week ago #286397 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic PIP review - Changes
Hello Chris,

sorry for taking so long to come back to you.

Thank you for your kind words and advice.

I’m still working on it. It’s all overwhelming but will let you know how it goes.

Kindest regards
Kelly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.