× Members

Will legacy benefits like ESA increase in price too ?

More
10 months 1 week ago #285527 by Benson
I heard Universal Credit will increase with inflation next year by about 6.7%, will ESA also do this ? ESA always seems to get left out of mentions these days due to Universal Credit having taken over, but it hasn't for me yet. Also would this be April or the start of the year ?

Also, when they say looking for work rules are for new claimants of Universal Credit from 2025 onwards, will this mean I will be classed as a new claimant when transferred over or given I have been on ESA would I not be classed as that ? The exact words from the newspaper article says "People housebound with physical and mental illness will be told to look for jobs they can do from home or face having their benefits cut. New claimants from 2025 could lose handouts worth up to £4,680 a year because they can no longer be 'written off' as unable to work."

I have been written off for many years but I know I will be moved to UC eventually, so just hoping that doesn't class me as a new claimant.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285540 by Gordon
B

ESA and PIP are included in the list of working-age benefits that will increase by 6.7% next year.

The proposed changes to the WCA will not take effect until 2025 at the earliest. after the next General Election.

Forgive me but It is pointless ruminating on changes that may not happen and even if they do are a long way away and subject to change.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.