× Members

Am confused re PIP.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285464 by traceytracey
Am confused re PIP. was created by traceytracey
Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can shed some light on what happened to me yesterday? I had a review with Time to Talk Health (my physical disabilities affect my anxiety/depression), who informed me that I shouldn't have my telephone review with IAS which was booked for 27-11-2023, because of the effect it was having on me.

I called IAS to inform then that TTT were writing a letter and could I email it to them? she said I couldn't email it, which was fine, but just informed me rather bluntly that she has cancelled my review on 27th and that my benefits could stop. It was only after I got very upset on the phone that her tone softened a little, she perhaps realised she was being very harsh, who knows. I informed her that I would post the letter once i had recieved it.

Once I had receved the letter , TTT had requested that I have a paper based review due to overwhelming psychological distress, and the reasons for it.

At 4pm I recieved a text saying that a health professional had sent their report etc. I am very concerned as I hadn't told IAS what was written in the letter as I hadn't received it at that point, so how on earth can they do a review?

I will be sending a copy of the letter to the decision maker, along with a covering letter from myself, I will sent the fastest way possible, and signed for. How long do I have before the decision maker makes a decision?

I will call DWP oday to request a copy of the health professional report, is it a PA 4?

I just wondered if this had happened to anybody else and what the outcome was?

Any repl/help very much appreciated

Take care all
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285489 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Am confused re PIP.
Hi traceytracey

The time for a decision maker to make a decision varies, we have heard on the forum where it has taken a few day to many months.

As your assessment was a paper assessment then the report is called a PA3, we do hear from members who have had a paper assessment that quite often no reports are produced.

Good luck with your claim

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285564 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic Am confused re PIP.
Thanks Gary,
I called the DWP yesterday and they put me throuh to a case worker, I explained the situation ( he was very nice) he tried to re-assure me that there was not a problem, said my award had been extended but wouldn't say more until an actual decision had been made. I sent evedence/letter, 1stclass, signed for. have just received a text saying that my pip review is complete, so they have probably not read the letter yet :(.

I can do no more but wait for the decision letter, which on the text says about 2 weeks, fingers crossed.

Take care all
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286134 by traceytracey
Hi all,

Just a follow up.
They did a paper based review as requested, so I was very relieved.

I received a copy of my report (I must add it was delivered to me the next day after requesting it, so it is possible).

The health professional awarded me enhanced on both, which is what I had before, so very good news. However she suggested a new review in 2 years, she wrote the reason for this is because I could have an operation on my lung. This was true up until September. I was hospitalised and informed that an operation is no longer an option.

I sent this further evidence to the DWP (letter from consultant etc) unfortunately it was not read.

I phoned the DWP asking for it to be looked at again. Was told that as a decision has been made it would have to be a MR. The lovely lady did attach my new evidence and a note stating that it should be looked at again due to further evidence attached.

I just hope I have done the right thing, I just need to wait until the MR is done to see if they have extended the time from 2 years,

Fingers crossed ,

Take care and a merry Christmas to all

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286161 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Am confused re PIP.
Hi Traceytracey

Let's hope they do revisit it with a positive outcome.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286957 by traceytracey
Hi, all,

Hope you are all well,

Just an up-date on my MR. I received a new award today. Still enhanced for both but length of award has been extended to 6 years. I am very relieved at not having to worry for a few years about another review.

I very much appreciate all the help and advice this site has given me over the past few years.

Keep up the good work

keep well all

traceytracey

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.