× Members

PIP review text from DWP

More
10 months 1 week ago #285421 by Yesuf
PIP review text from DWP was created by Yesuf
Hi
My pip award is until oct 2024. But today I recived a text from DWP which says your PIP review has started . We have send you a review form ,if you didn't received within two weeks call us back.
I am really worried. I have one more year . Why did they started now. Is this a common practice or a mistake?
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285428 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review text from DWP
Hi Yesuf,

It's common I'm afraid. A lot of reviews were given an additional year because of the backlog the DWP had, but because this is being caught up, the extensions, are now being moved to an Appt with an HCP, after filling in the review forms. You'll continue to get PIP until your review appt, and then, it's a case of waiting to see if you score enough points again for a re-award, or you lose it and have to contest it, should that be the route you choose to go down.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Yesuf

More
10 months 1 week ago #285431 by Yesuf
Replied by Yesuf on topic PIP review text from DWP
Dear Chris
Thanks for your prompt reply.
My pip was not extended. My pip award stated in October 2019 for 5 years. Recently I aaked for a letter of my pip statement. I n the letter it says my pip awarded until oct 2024 . So why are they reviewed me before my pip ends ? The review process does not take one year,that is why I don't understand

More
10 months 1 week ago #285447 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review text from DWP
Hi Yesuf,

Ahhh, I get you know - my apologies. I think what it may be down too is, they usually send and ask for you to fill your papers in roughly 6 months before your review is due. So maybe's because of the delays thats expected with Royal Mail due to Christmas and New Year, and also the amount of additional people applying for PIP, meaning an increase in the DWP workload, they're trying to get you in, well on time, so that by the time June comes, which is roughly 6 months from when you return the papers, its giving them a few months to fit your assessment in, and give you a decision, hopefully before your current award expires in October 2024.

That would be my best guess anyways.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Yesuf

More
10 months 1 week ago #285475 by Yesuf
Replied by Yesuf on topic PIP review text from DWP
Thanks for your reply
1. Can I get information (godliness) here that can help me to prepare and fill the review form.
2. Once I send the form ,how long will it take to contact me . Will they make decision or will wait until the current award near end?

More
10 months 1 week ago #285487 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP review text from DWP
Hi Yesuf

If you kept a copy of the original application then use that as a template.

The way to complete a PIP review form is to treat it as a new claim. You need to go to page 129 on the PIP guide to find details on the review.

A pip 1043 form is another name for an AR1 short review form, it should still say AR1 at the bottom left of each page. Its best to treat all reviews as you would a new claim.

If nothing has changed since your previous pip assessment, its best to explain in detail what has changed and what has stayed the same and how you’re finding each task.

If you have an up to date review of your treatment, therapy and medication it could be helpful to include this also.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you feel you do not have enough time to complete this form you should be able to arrange an extension by calling the DWP and explain that you need a bit extra time.

I hope all goes smoothly for you, try and fill in the form over a few days and take plenty of breaks, from previous experience I know this can be very stressful attempting filling the form all in one go, use our guide to help you complete the form; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

We cannot tell you how long it will take to contact you as it varies across the regions, they do not wait until the current award nears the end date, they will make their decision when they are ready.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, Yesuf

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid