× Members

pip planning and following a route

More
10 months 1 week ago #285407 by diceman24
pip planning and following a route was created by diceman24
hello all, in the pip form mobility act1 planning and following journeys section, i suffer from muscular dystrophy, i need help when i go outside has i can only walk roughly 15metres than need to use a wheelchair for any further than that distance due to fatique and pain. i cannot use public transport by myself so how can i explain this in the section also will i get points has the majority of time im housebound due to my disablilty so cannot go out and when i do i need help by someone cannot use a propelled wheelchair has to weakness in body.any advise would be great and best way to explain my situation onto form than you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285441 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip planning and following a route
Hi Diceman24

Have a look at the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews and read through the information on this question - pages 79 - 86. It can be confusing because this question isn't about the physical difficulties that a claimant has in walking. (That comes in the next question).It is relevant if a claimant has a mental health condition, learning disability or sensory or cognitive impairment.

So have a look at the information on that question and see what could apply to you and what links there are to your muscular dystrophy and any other co-existing conditions you have.

If you have any further questions come back and we will try to help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.