× Members

PIP question 9

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285325 by Olive
PIP question 9 was created by Olive
Hi,

My PIP award:

On question: planning and following a journey - I was awarded 10 points - cannot due to OPD.
On question 9: engaging with other people - I was awarded 2 points - needs prompting

My question is:

Can I not argue that I should have scored more points on Q9?
Either 4 points - needs support (this is what I originally asked for)
or 8 points - cannot engage due to OPD?

Is the fact that they only gave me 2 points for prompting for engaging with people, but then said I cannot undertake a journey due to OPD, are they not contradicting themselves somehow?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285353 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP question 9
Hi Olive

'planning and following a journey' is to do with the mobility component of PIP whereas;

'engaging with other people' is to do with the daily living component of PIP. They ae not the same, we cannot give you advice as we do not know you or how your condition affects you.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration when giving you advice; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
10 months 1 week ago #285380 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic PIP question 9
Thank you Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.