× Members

ESA and State Pension Help

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285227 by Bob2016
ESA and State Pension Help was created by Bob2016
Hello, I celebrated my 66th birthday on Friday 10th November so will start to get my state pension (first payment 27th November). I understand that my ESA (Support Group) ends on 9th November however the last payment I received was on 30th October. I was expecting a payment today as it is paid every 2 weeks but have not received anything in my bank. Should I expect a payment up to 9th November and also the 2 weeks arrears as this is how ESA is paid originally?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285246 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA and State Pension Help
Hi Bob2016

Normally the Pension Service will send you a letter at least two months before you reach pension age. The letter will give you an invitation code which you will need if you wish to claim your state pension online. You have to apply to the Pension Service to receive your State Pension, as you have rightly said your ESA will stop when you reach state pension age.

We have heard from members on the forum when their ESA has failed to materialise in their bank a/c, it turned out to be a glitch, I would contact ESA to see what is happening and why no funds put in your bank a/c.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285251 by freddey
Replied by freddey on topic ESA and State Pension Help
hi bob2016
i turned 55 in feb this year and mine went through smooth as silk. one thing to bear in mind is, i only found out through a friend that you can get your pension weekly,fortnightly monthly, if you want.
good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.