× Members

Awarded 8 points but refused PIP

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285225 by Greyabbey2
Awarded 8 points but refused PIP was created by Greyabbey2
Hi,
I was previously awarded PiP for a number of years due to CFS, fibromyalgia. When my review came earlier this year, it’s no better and I also have arthritis in my back, hands/feet. I was refused PIP,
But they’ve awarded me 8 points for the DLA and 4
For mobility. I only received the daily living allowance previously which was fine but I thought being given 8 points, I would get DLA again? I will need to go to tribunal next to challenge their decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285229 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Awarded 8 points but refused PIP
Hi Greyabbey2,
If you have been awarded 8 points for Daily Living component you shoukd get the standard level award. I suggest you double check the decision letter to make sure that 8 points is correct, and importantly added up correctly. Then I suggest you write into DWP and tell them that they have made a mistake- you scored 8 points, giving the scores for the appropriate descriptors and then ask that them that you are duly awarded standard rate.
If this doesn't work then you may need to make a complaint to pursue this.
I'm assuming that you don't want to argue for a higher level of benefit, if so you will need to write a Mandatory Reconsideration letter instead.
I don't think you need to go to the tribunal or do an MR unless you are asking for a higher amount of benefit. DWP seem to have made a mistake that needs to be rectified.

I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.