× Members

My PIP runs out mid December.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285283 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Hi,

It happened to me also earlier on in the year. Mine was extended a year in May, then I had an assessment in July, my PIP was then stopped after failing the assessment, despite no change in circumstances, then was re-awarded both elements again in Sept before it got to the courts tribunal stage.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285288 by 57SWIFTS
Replied by 57SWIFTS on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
My PIP runs out in December and I am a pensioner..will it be automatically be renewed?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285305 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Hi ISTANBUL VET

If you haven't heard anything from the DWP by now - you need to contact them ASAP to find out what is happening.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 day ago #285808 by drewzz
Replied by drewzz on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Please remember that your MP is a valuable resource in resolving any problems/delays/inaction concerning DWP.
Often DWP do not treat claimants correctly, as they should do by law, either through poor staff training or staff shortages.
By contacting your MP, you can circumvent any delays or obstructions from DWP, because your MP has immediate access to the top of DWP and they will then expedite your case.
You may wish as a courtesy, and to help others, to copy your email to the Select Committee on Work and Pensions, as well as your MP, both to keep them informed of DWP failings, and to keep pressure on your MP to act speedily.
I got immediate response from my MP and a very nice letter back from the Chair of the Select Committee on Work and Pensions, Stephen Timms, thanking me for bringing the matter to their attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid