× Members

My PIP runs out mid December.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284972 by Rossi1999
My PIP runs out mid December. was created by Rossi1999
Hi. I sent off my renewal app form way back in February. I have had two text messages saying they have it and I MAY need an interview. The thing is my PIP expires in mid December, along with my Blue Badge. My car should have been changed, but because I had less than 12 months left, I couldn't replace it. So everything is up in the air. When should I chase them up about everything expiring? Im in my late 60's and have ailments that will only deteriorate. Should I contact them now? I don't want to wait until you there are 3 weeks to go.
It's already a stressful process, but these delays and uncertainty are making things worse.
I imagine Motability aren't too impressed with these delays either.
Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284978 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Hi Rossi222

You need to ring the asap to find out what the current status of your claim is. Your PIP should continue to be paid until the review process is complete, but as you've had not letter from them, I would ring and ask them to confirm it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
R

Just to add to BIS's advice.

Extensions are automatically carried out 30 days before the current End of the award, so if you phone immediately they may not be able to tell you that the award has been extended and you may need to phone again, within the 30 days for confirmation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285011 by Wiganer1967
Replied by Wiganer1967 on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Just to say I returned my review in April my award ran out Oct but today I have received a letter saying extended until december 2024 unless they get to review it sooner
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285259 by Archway
Replied by Archway on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
I also sent off my PIP renewal form way back in Feb. My PIP was due to expire next month. Yesterday I received a letter from the DWP that informed me that my review was not yet complete and that my PIP award end date had been extended to December 2024. They will pay my PIP payments as normal while they complete the review of my claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285282 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic My PIP runs out mid December.
Hello,

Several members have reported something similar happening to them, but don't assume the extension will run for its full time. My son's PIP award was due to expire in July this year, but exactly a month beforehand, we received a letter saying it had been extended until July 2024 and might be extended further if we did not hear from them in the meantime. So we thought we could relax for a while! However, on 1st September - exactly a year since we'd received the review form - we received a letter with a date for his telephone assessment. This leads me to believe this is all very carefully controlled by their computer system.

Best wishes,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.