× Members

DLA to PIP

More
11 months 1 day ago #284860 by Deriside
DLA to PIP was created by Deriside
I was given lifetime DLA awards, higher rate in both categories. I have been waiting since 2013 for the letter inviting me to apply for PIP. I have MS and suffer with depression, worrying about this for 10 years has not helped as you do not know where you stand. I do not want to contact the DWP as changing might mean I loose them. According to my doctors and consultant this shouldn’t happen but that unfortunately means nothing. Have you any idea of how much longer this process has left. I am 60 and at one point thought I might stay on DLA but apparently I have to reach 67 now. Can anyone help, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago #284862 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Deriside

I'm sorry - but the DWP doesn't give any indication these days of when people might be asked to transfer from DLA to PIP. I think it's taken much longer than they initially thought, made worse by the pandemic.

Only those who were born before 9 April 1948 were exempt from the the transfer. Everyone else is told that it will happen sometime.

I understand you being cautious. DLA and PIP are not the same, but there are overlaps, and it's great that you have the support of your medical professionals, which you can call upon whenever you get sent the form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deriside

More
11 months 15 hours ago #284900 by diceman24
Replied by diceman24 on topic DLA to PIP
good evening in the goverment white paper transfer from dla to pip benefit has been halted till 2027 unless the claiment wants to change award ie illness getting worse and should be awarded higher award
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Gary

More
11 months 12 hours ago #284906 by Deriside
Replied by Deriside on topic DLA to PIP
Thank you so much for that information

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.