× Members

PIP text messages

More
11 months 2 days ago #284853 by Ally
PIP text messages was created by Ally
Morning all,

I posted my review back in August and they received it on 4th August, my current award ends in February 2024. Today I received the following text message.

‘We still have your PIP form and will be progressing your review as soon as we can. You may still need an assessment with a health professional. Your PIP will continue to be paid until we review your claim. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.‘

Just asking for any experience regarding time span, interview and decision from anyone who has received the same message.

It’s such a stressful time.

Thank you in advance x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago #284867 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP text messages
Hi Ally

That text is one of the standard ones that the DWP send out.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ally

More
11 months 1 day ago #284875 by fibrofred
Replied by fibrofred on topic PIP text messages
Hi Ally

I believe they send out this text message 12 weeks after receipt of your form. I received exactly the same message 12 weeks after receipt of my form.

I agree the waiting is extremely stressful.

Best of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ally

More
11 months 1 day ago #284882 by Ally
Replied by Ally on topic PIP text messages
Thank you for your reply. Do you remember how long after this message you got a further response?

Ally x

More
11 months 16 hours ago #284894 by fibrofred
Replied by fibrofred on topic PIP text messages
Hi Ally

I haven't got a further response since the 12 weeks after they received my form which was around 8 weeks ago. My award also ends in Feb 2024. I have heard from others who live in different regions of the UK, who are waiting a lot longer than me, that they have received the same message mostly around every 12 weeks. So at least people are getting updates.

We'll all get through this wait together :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Ally

More
11 months 12 hours ago #284935 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic PIP text messages
Just to clarify - not everyone gets text messages. I sent my daughters review forms back in February this year, her award was extended to December '23 - As we hadn't received any acknowledgement, either for receipt of the original award form or the further evidence sent in two months ago I called them - it was confirmed that they were in receipt of all of my daughters review paperwork & updates - but that "she was still in the queue" - not sure why some are getting texts and others not
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Ally

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.