× Members

Bank statements

More
11 months 20 hours ago #284846 by GUNTHER
Bank statements was created by GUNTHER
Hi,hope you're well. When DWP ask to see your bank account, is it OK just to show them a summary. OR do they ask to look at all the transactions. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 16 hours ago #284847 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Bank statements
Hi GUNTHER,

They ask normally for 4 months worth of original statements. You can either download them to your computer and upload them when they send you the link, or post them to them from a printed out version, but they have to be the original statements that the bank provide, not a summary. If your money is over a certain amount, and you failed to declare it (unfortunately like I did - I was awarded a PIP lump sum and read that it was £5,000 per year that is disregarded as capital, so because I was awarded £10,000 backdated PIP, I thought I had 2 years, but this wasn't the case) - so the DWP went back 12 months with my statements, and as a result, my universal credit was deducted close to £100 per month. You can also incur a fine for not declaring without good reason, which they tried to give me (£50 fine), but I contested based on my health reasons and understanding things, and end result was that they didn't take the fine money.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292956 by Rory
Replied by Rory on topic Bank statements
Hi Chris, I haven’t declared an account. My capital is way below 16k. But I wasn’t comfortable sharing 4 months bank statement of all my accounts. Worried if they ask why I spent money on unnecessary things. It’s a Natwest and Revelout. Do they have a way of finding out? In that case I tell them before my phone interview.
Thanks
Rory

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292977 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Bank statements
Hi Rory

I answered your question in your previous post, yes they can is the answer. If you fail to give all your bank details they can stop your claim whilst they investigate you.

When claiming benefits, you need to be open and honest or else you leave yourself open to a full investigation.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293008 by Chris
Hi Gary and Rory,

Gary's bang on, and what they done with me is request a years back statements then and went through them with a fine tooth comb.

Chris.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293009 by Chris
They did also put a hold on my money, and it took 5 weeks - and caused a total nightmare situation for me, as most of my money at the time was locked away in a fixed account that I couldn't touch, and didn't have enough to play with to cover everything.

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid